Premium audio interface
with advanced guitar tone shaping
The audio interface guitar players were waiting for
Since we pioneered guitar amp & effects modeling in 2002, IK Multimedia has spent more time studying guitar and amp recording than possibly anyone else on the planet. Modeling over 400 pieces of gear has required tens of thousands of hours painstakingly measuring the interactions between instruments, pickups and amplifier circuits, not to mention the cooperation of the world’s most iconic guitar players, amplifier manufacturers, and engineers to learn how to create and capture great guitar tones.
AXE I/O brings all that experience to you.
AXE I/O is a professional 2 in/5 out audio interface – and controller - designed specifically with the needs of the recording guitarist in mind, providing best-in-class sound quality and powerful features aimed squarely at making your recordings faster, easier and better than ever.
A truly high-end audio interface for everybody
117 dB dynamic range, 3 Hz – 32 kHz frequency response – these aren’t the specs you typically find on instrument inputs. But they’re essential to capturing the most accurate details of your performance, for coaxing the best performance from your instrument, and for keeping your sound pure and transparent.
AXE I/O provides 2 Hi-Z front ¼" inputs for guitars and basses, 2 rear combo inputs with phantom power to connect mics and line instruments, and clear precision front peak meters to conveniently monitor the signal level at the channels input. Two floating balanced outputs, two unbalanced and one floating unbalanced Amp out plus a high-current headphone out let you connect monitors, mains and headphones, with independent volume for both. A Monitor knob makes it easy to blend direct monitoring and the audio from your computer for zero latency monitoring.
24-bit, 192 kHz conversion and an ultra-stable, low jitter internal clock ensures the highest fidelity, whether you’re capturing vocals, acoustic instruments, amplified guitar or just direct signal for use with AmpliTube.
But that’s just scratching the surface.
Advanced digital control & routing
AXE I/O also includes a powerful, convenient Control Panel application to manage inputs & outputs, assign routing & controller inputs.
In the INTERFACE tab, you can view the active inputs, enable phantom power and control the ground lift to dial in the least noise for your setup. Adjust output volume, direct monitoring routing, select the sample rate and more.
The CONTROLLER tab gives you control over the preset knob and 2 controller inputs. Set behavior, MIDI channel, MIDI CC #, minimum and maximum values, and more, to dial in the best settings for whatever application you want to control.
The AXE I/O Control Panel lets you keep focused on your work, instead of adjusting settings on the unit itself, for a faster, freer workflow.
Route instrument input 1 directly to the Amp output to record both DI and amplified signals simultaneously, with zero latency.
Tuner can now be configured to mute inputs when engaged, for silent tuning.
Outputs 1 & 2 can now be mirrored to outputs 3 & 4, to send the same signal to two different destinations more easily.
A full-blown analog in-the-box studio –
out of the box
AXE I/O offers a massive bundle of over $/€1,000 of software and plug-ins, so you have everything you need to track, mix and master your music right out of the box.
- 33 Stompbox models including: Acoustic Sim, Chorus, Flanger, Opto Tremolo, Delay, Wah Pedal, Diode Overdrive, Compressor, Graphic EQ and more
- 25 Amplifiers including: American Tube Clean 1, British Tube Lead 1, Solid State Bass Preamp, Jazz Amp 120 plus 5 all new classic British amps and more
- 29 Cabinets including: 4x12 Brit 8000, 4x12 Brit 9000, 4x12 Red Pig, 4x12 Brit Silver, 4x10 Open Vintage, 2x12 Closed Vintage, 4x12 Closed Vintage 1 and more
- 29 Vintage and modern individual speaker models
- 12 Microphones including: Double Dynamic 57, Dynamic 57, Condenser 414, Condenser 87 and more
- 15 Rack effects units including: Digital Delay, Parametric EQ, Rotary Speaker and more
- 2 Tuners: UltraTuner plus a fully chromatic rack tuner
You’ll also receive a selection of 10 of our most popular and best sounding T-RackS 5 processors, covering the most popular outboard gear for mixing guitar, bass, vocals and any other instrument, and mastering full tracks with a world-class sound.
AXE I/O also includes Ableton Live 10 Lite, a fresh and easy way to write music, record audio and produce your own songs.
- 2 in / 5 out (one low-noise Amp out)
- 2 ultra-low noise mic in/balanced line in
- Triple topology guitar input with Z-TONE™
- 2 balanced monitor out / 2 line out
- Reference headphones out
- 2 fully configurable external control input
- MIDI input/output
- USB 2.0 compatible with Mac/PC
Best-in-class guitar tone
- Selectable Active/Passive/discrete JFET/Pure instrument preamp
- Patent pending Z-TONE™ input for a tonal palette never heard before
- Amp out can connect to amps and stomps without ground noise
- Connect up to 2 expression pedals, single and double-switches
- Fully assignable data-knob – for AmpliTube preset browsing and more
- Built-in Tuner
- Rugged/compact metal housing
- Includes AmpliTube 4 Deluxe
Premium studio sound
- High-resolution ultra low-noise Class A microphone preamps
- Best-in-class conversion and superior analog design
- Asynchronous USB audio, ultra low conversion jitters for premium quality
- 117dB dynamic range
- Includes control software
- Up to 192 kHz sampling rate
- Includes 10 T-RackS high-end plug-ins and Ableton Live 10 Lite