Don't want to purchase a Full License?
$16.99 /mo. for 24 months
What's new in Studio One 4.5 Professional
PreSonus Studio One 4.5 Professional is a worthy update. Multi-core optimization for virtual instruments reduces your CPU load by as much as 70%. Groups can be nested, named, colored, and assigned to keyboard shortcuts. Expanded input, gain staging, phase options, and channel customization puts a lot of power under your fingertips, even if your hardware doesn’t support it. Robust routing options enable you to route to single sources/destinations with a single click. Global pre-fader metering has been added to the console, as well as an RMS/Peak metering option for all channels. New note editing options make working with MIDI more powerful than ever. Benefit from new export options, including variable-bitrate MP3, AAC, and ALAC. Keep your plug-ins and virtual instruments organized with a streamlined plug-in manager. What’s more, you can lock individual items in the Arrangement Window to prevent unintentional moving or editing. A worthy update indeed!
Multi-core optimization for virtual instruments
Nobody enjoys using bloatware, and Studio One 4.5 Professional is anything but bloatware. Thanks to multi-core optimization, the CPU load for using combined virtual instruments inside a Multi-Instrument has been reduced by 70% for native plug-ins. And if you’re using a third-party instrument, you can expect a 50% reduction. Mai Tai and Presence XT have also been optimized.
Groups are more powerful than ever
With PreSonus Studio One 4.5 Professional, Groups can be nested (great for drums), named, colored, and assigned to keyboard shortcuts. You can define attributes for Edit Groups and Mix Groups, such as Volume, Pan, and Mute/Solo. Editing and activating Groups are a breeze — you can do it with a single click — and you can display them on a per-channel basis. Beyond that, you can temporarily suspend grouped items from their Group and edit them individually with a simple Alt-click.
Turbocharged MIDI editing
PreSonus Studio One 4.5 Professional’s MIDI editing capabilities are spellbinding. The Note Actions menu is particularly noteworthy, enabling fast, intuitive editing and composition, with creative note editing options for instrument tracks including Randomize, Apply Scale, Mirror, and more. You can assign any of these functions to a keyboard shortcut, and they’re included in Macros. You also get independent quantize grids (including the new Snap to Zero Crossings option) for the Arrangement, Audio, and Music Editor, allowing you to apply different quantization to each. Studio One 4.5 Pro includes two additional scale options, and the Chord Selector includes a Chord Audition feature — a godsend if you compose by ear.
Streamlined, best-of-both-worlds interface
There are two schools of DAW design. One mimics the traditional recording studio with virtual rack gear and a linear timeline reminiscent of a multitrack tape machine. This approach may seem counterintuitive to musicians who came along after the demise of analog recording. To them, a beat/loop-oriented approach is much more logical and productive. PreSonus Studio One 4.5 Professional seamlessly incorporates both these time-tested models into a streamlined interface that lets the user blend between them in a way that feels the most natural.
Automatic Chord Detection
There's one thing the DAW-based composers at [istandard] agree on: the smoother the creative workflow, the better. When inspiration for a new chord progression strikes, Studio One 4.5 Professional doesn't make you put your creativity on hold while you figure out what you've already played in order to add new parts. Built-in Automatic Chord Detection extracts chords from Audio or Instrument Tracks; just drag a part to the Chord Track to create a reference for Harmonic Editing. Easy-peasy.
PreSonus is committed to streamlining the music creation process and Harmonic Editing is key to this fluid, creative workflow synergy, along with the Arranger track (which makes it easy to rearrange song sections) and Scratchpads (which let you audition new ideas independently of existing work). All of this innovation makes Studio One an amazingly flexible platform for testing out new song ideas and polishing them into finished productions. And if you're collaborating with other musicians, Studio One’s Create Lead Sheet option and improved integration with Notion 6.4 simplifies the printing of standard music notation.
To complement a world-class virtual drum instrument such as Impact XT, Studio One 4.5 Professional provides a powerful Drum Editor that lets you edit drum parts quickly and intuitively. To further accelerate your drum editing, there are also hundreds of pre-configured pitch name and mapping scripts freely available for download from PreSonus Exchange.
Sample One XT: way beyond sample playback
Sample One, a Studio One favorite, has evolved into a sampling powerhouse. A true sampler, as opposed to just a sample playback device, Sample One XT does sampling, auto-slicing, stretching, processing, triggering, and audio deconstruction of material sampled from inputs, outputs, buses, instruments, or tracks (as well as import/export) for total freedom in building beats and performances.
Sample One XT includes all the features you expect in a true sampler, but it also gives you synth-like modulation options to shape those samples. It not only samples and plays back; it also warps and deconstructs your samples into entirely new creative dimensions. You can crossfade and trim samples, slice them automatically, and manipulate them with adjustable gate, snap to zero, three different sample loop modes, stretch timing to match song tempo, slice and reverse waveforms, normalize, and more. And if that's not enough, you can drag and drop samples between Sample One XT and Impact XT, making it easier than ever to record sounds and use them with Impact XT (and vice-versa).
Now, about those synth-like features we mentioned. Sample One XT's graphic envelopes have been enhanced with adjustable attack, decay, and release curve shapes; letting you apply synthesizer envelopes to control dynamics with graphical editing. The updated filter now has the same punch, drive, and clip controls as Impact XT. What's more, there’s a complete effects section with modulation, delay, reverb, gate, EQ, distortion, and panning. Sample One XT also makes it easy to exchange samples with instruments such as Presence XT via drag-and-drop. You can save or load instruments using the .soundx sampler file format or the open .multisample format developed by PreSonus and Bitwig. Sampling is the foundation for beats and loops and an essential part of today’s music creation process. Now you have a formidable arsenal of sampling tools integrated tightly inside Studio One 4.5.
PreSonus Studio One 4.5 Professional Features:
- Streamlined, intuitive single-window work environment
- Drag-and-drop functionality and multi-touch support
- Unlimited audio and instrument tracks
- Advanced virtual instruments, automation features, bussing, and FX channels
- Pristine sound quality with native 64-bit resolution and support for up to 384kHz audio
- Multi-core optimization for virtual instruments takes the load off of your CPU
- Groups can be nested, named, colored, and assigned to keyboard shortcuts
- Expanded input, gain staging, phase options, and channel customization
- Updated routing options enable you to route to single sources/destinations with a single click
- New metering options, including global pre-fader metering on the console and RMS/Peak metering on all channels
- Expanded MIDI editing capabilities
- Support for variable-bitrate MP3, AAC, and ALAC
- Import and export I/O setups
- Streamlined plug-in manager keeps your plug-ins and virtual instruments organized
- Lock individual items in the Arrangement Window to prevent unintentional moving or editing
- Chord Track manipulates audio and note data for Harmonic Editing and prototyping
- Patterns allows for intuitive composition via familiar drum machine/sequencer-style UI
- Harmonic Editing features
- Next-generation Impact XT and Sample One XT virtual instruments
- Drum Editor
- AAF import/export data from other DAWs
- Presence XT sampler (14GB library included)
- Mai Tai polyphonic analog modeling synth with character morphing and modulation matrix
- Arranger Track with Scratch Pads
- Console Shaper emulates the sound of an analog console with control over drive, noise, and channel crosstalk
- VCA Faders act as group faders for any number of tracks
- 37 Native Effects, 5 virtual instruments, 4 Note FX
- Integrated mastering suite with automatic mix updating, DDP, Redbook CD burning, and digital release
- Integrated online Cloud Services including the PreSonus Shop, PreSonus Exchange, bi-directional SoundCloud integration
- Integrated Melodyne Essentials 4 pitch and timing editor
- AU, VST2, VST3, and ReWire support
- Software Type: DAW
- Platform: Mac, PC
- Upgrade/Full: Full
- Download/Boxed: Download
- Bit Depth: 64-bit
- Format: Standalone, AU, VST
- Hardware Requirements - Mac: Intel Core i3 or higher, 8GB RAM or more recommended, 40GB drive space
- Hardware Requirements - PC: Intel Core 2 Duo / AMD Athlon X4 or higher, 8GB RAM or more recommended, 40GB drive space
- OS Requirements - Mac: OS X 10.11 or later
- OS Requirements - PC: Windows 7 SP1 or later
- Manufacturer Part Number: S14 PRO